Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ornaments Made Of Toilet Paper Rolls



I'm pretty frugal all year long, but around the holidays I try to scrimp where I can.  Usually, this means decorating on a Budget with a capital B.  If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times, you don't need tons of cash to make your home beautiful.   Case in point these toilet paper roll ornaments that I made for FREE! 







Aren't they adorable?! 

They were incredibly easy to make.  The whole family can get involved with this Christmas craft.  Think about the possibilities.  You can do this craft with students, a senior citizen, as a camp activity, I could go on.  


Assembling these is basically the same as I explain here.  You just have to arrange them by fives instead of fours.  I used a glue gun to attach them but you don't have to.  Regular glue will work fine but takes some time to dry.  Remember to cut the toilet paper tube down into same sized pieces.  To adhere the glitter, you can use spray glue or do what I did and just spread a thin layer of school glue.  Sprinkle the glitter color of your choice over them and attach a ribbon, wire, or fishing line to hang.  





Ok now I'm going to be preachy but I want to emphasize that the holiday season is about family.  Don't go crazy spending and stressing.  Give handmade and do more things instead of buying more things.  People tend to remember the times they shared not the things they had.

PS.  I got the idea from http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/2009/04/craft-coardboard-stars-from-toilet.html
 Here are some others you might like as well.
http://thehappytulip.blogspot.com/2011/11/glitter-ornaments-and-frustrations.html#axzz1gzibS6Pf
http://www.squidoo.com/simple-crafts-toilet-paper-roll-star-christmas-ornament
http://greeneyed.com/2011/12/paper-towel-roll-stars/
Nydia 8)

1 comment:

  1. Those ornaments are gorgeous! I'm planning on making some as present toppers this weekend...if I can squeeze it in. So busy at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...